Time: 30 – 35 minutes
- Canned Kidney Beans or Canned Pinto Beans
- Canned Tomatoes or Fire-Roasted Canned Tomatoes
- Chili Powder
- Olives, Green or Black
- Vegetable Broth
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 tsp. paprika
- 1.25 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 0.5 tsp. black pepper
- 0.25 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional for added heat)
- 2 cups long-grain white rice (such as jasmine or basmati)
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes (sub 1 cup jarred salsa)
- 2 (15.5-oz.) cans kidney beans or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups vegetable broth (sub water)
- 0.25 cup sliced green olives
- Heat oil in a large skillet with a fitted lid over medium.
- Add onion; cook 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add garlic, paprika, salt, chili powder, oregano, black pepper, and cayenne; cook 2 minutes, stirring often, until aromatic.
- Stir in uncooked rice; cook 2 minutes, until slightly translucent.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, and broth (or water).
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce to medium-low, and simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Scatter olives over Spanish Beans and Rice